Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekender (Days 6 & 7)

Saturday:Jean skirt, black sweater, cowboy boots.
Worn to the grocery store. Not my favorite outfit. The best part about the outfit is the cowboy boots, and I just felt really self-conscious in them. I'm trying to make an effort to wear things I don't wear all the time. This is probably the second time these cowboy boots have been worn in over a year... And they're really cute! My problem with the boots lies in my insecurities, not in the boots themselves. To combat that, I am pledging to wear these boots at least 2 more times in this challenge. Overall, I feel this outfit is uninspired, though. Good thing it was only for a trip to Wal-Mart. (p.s. my photographer went to work before I got home from the grocery store, so we have another mirror shot...)

Sunday:Purple Dress, Blazer, Black Flats.
Worn to church for our niece's baby dedication. I like this. A lot. Despite the fact that the skirt was a liiiiitttle short (ok it was a lot short) for me and the blazer hit at a weird spot on this dress. Also, the belt is pretty awesome. Mostly because this dress is getting too big for me. I would've never put this outfit together if not for this challenge.

See that coffee cup? It's my dad's. It's from the Birmingham News. They get it. Do you? The internet is cool and all, but there's just something about opening up a newspaper. Plus, the Birmingham News employs lots of people (like my awesome dad) that the internet does not. As soon as we get a real address we'll get a subscription to the Birmingham News. I'm so looking forward to it. Sure, the internet is free, but somethings are worth paying for.


Have you found a new outfit you love that you wouldn't have tried before the 30 for 30 challenge?
Do you prefer a newspaper to the internet? Why or why not?

4 comments: