Friday, November 5, 2010

October Recap

Whoa. Can this actually be a second post in one week? I know... a little crazy, but maybe I am turning over a new leaf. Probably not.
Back at the end of September/beginning of October, I posted a recap of month 1. It thought it would be a good idea to do the same for month 2, if for no other reason but to document it for myself... so here goes:

First, the facts:
8/30 weight: 270lbs
9/27 weight: 257 lbs
11/1 weight: 250 lbs

So, I've lost 7 lbs in October and a total of 20lbs since the beginning. Wow. That feels kinda awesome.

October, was a bit more difficult for me. I am starting to get impatient and sometimes a little frustrated. For about 2 weeks in October month I didn't lose any weight (254 was a difficult number to conquer). I know the reason I didn't lose any weight is because I just wasn't as diligent about tracking my food on myplate. But it got better, and I lost those 4 pesky pounds. Not losing 2lbs each week, though, was pretty frustrating. And... I'm so incredibly impatient. Always have been. I just want to be at my goal weight now. I just want to feel great and look good now. Sometimes you just have to remind yourself: it took awhile to get this way, it's going to take awhile to undo the damage.


I didn't just wake up one morning 100 lbs heavier, it's going to take months or years (months would be nicer) to lose this weight. Plus, I want to do this in a healthy manner and not cause any more damage to my body. My body is my temple and it should be treated as such.


But, I will say it is encouraging to have to tighten my belt (I'm at the 3rd notch in now instead of stretching it as far as it will go!) and to see how baggy my jeans are or how sweaters fit differently each week.

Also, I have a few new favorite recipes! Bacon, pear and gorgonzola pizza is delish! And the fish tacos are so yummy... mmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about all the delicious food I've been introduced to.

So, here's a few pictures to wrap up this post:


October 1.
November 3. 250 lbs. Messy room, because I never have anything to wear...

4 comments: