Saturday, June 12, 2010

Weakness

I am so weak.

For the last 2 days, my work has been hosting a conference of about 40 wonderful ladies. Well, these ladies came equipped with their own snacks. I'm talking about a large conference room full of delicious goodies... And, trying to be nice, their leader has offered me these snacks several times.

So I was good yesterday and stuck with the fruit and veggies and avoided the tables with the stuff I really wanted (cookies, brownies, muffins, cakes and everything else that falls into the delicious snack category).

But today, I was (am) weak. They gave me a pre-made plate full of all the delicious treats I tried to avoid. And, well... I took it. I am currently enjoying an oatmeal raisin cookie as I type.

And I feel so guilty about it. (But not guilty enough to put the cookie down)

Maybe I'll work out today to ease my conscience. I usually save Fridays and Saturdays as my off days for working out (side note- I say "usually" like I've been working out forever, but I've really only been working out for like 2 weeks), but I have a feeling this plate of delicious is gonna make me feel bad until I do something about it.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad! I haven't worked out in a week. I ate fast food more times this week than I'm willing to admit! For the first time in my life, I've started gaining weight and I hate it.

    ReplyDelete