Friday, June 11, 2010

The Ugly Truth

Today, I will be completely honest.

I haven't stepped on a scale since I got married a year ago. I feel like I should know where I am starting when I set a goal for myself.

And what better way to hold myself accountable than to post my progress in a public forum?

So, when I stepped on the scale yesterday, for the first time in almost a year, I was appalled.

I guess I can't really put it off any longer. Here are my statistics:
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 265 lbs
  • Measurements: 45-47-52

So, I guess now that I have a starting point, I should determine my weight loss goals. (I plan to also make a list of fitness goals, but I think that is another post entirely.)

I'd like to:
  • Lose 90 lbs - I weighed 175lbs when I met the hubs (4 years ago) and I was very healthy then. I also know 175 is a realistic number for me. I'm not asking to look like twiggy or anything, I just want to be healthy.
  • Wear a size 12 pants (this was also the case when I met the hubs)
Basically I'd like to look the way I did when Josh and I met/started dating. Wouldn't it be nice to do this by Christmas? As much as I'd love that, I'm not putting a time limit on myself... I think it could potentially discourage me.



I know I do much better with an illustration. So I'll end with some pictures.

Me now(ish):
Taken April 2010





















And this is my goal.

<----- That's me, third from the left in the blue shirt. This was taken May 2006. I met the hubs about a month after this picture.

I know it might be difficult to see, but this is the only full body picture I could find from that time.

6 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT! I have 100% faith in you.

    My goal is to weigh and look I did when I meet Jeremy 6 years ago. Wow 6 years feels like for ever...I would love for him to do the same. We have gotten settled and that is where all the weight came from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it!!!! let me know if you need a hip hop abs/ workout buddy sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sooo know that you can do it annie! ESPECIALLY since you were honest enough to post your stats. what an awesome way to stay accountable!! i'm so proud of you... i am not that brave!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! i really appreciate your kind words and support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. go andrea, go andrea, go andrea!

    SO FREAKIN' PROUD OF YOU!!!! :D :D :D

    you are smart not to put a time limit on yourself... it is a process that's different for everyone. love you!

    ReplyDelete