Friday, October 1, 2010

Month 1 of Carblovers

So, I started the Carblovers Diet on 8/30/2010 weighing 270lbs. On 9/27 (the last weigh-in of September) I was down to 257 lbs. Woo Hoo for a 13lb weight loss! No problems tooting my own horn about that.


I've just got to say that I never thought it would be so easy to lose this weight. As I've said previously, the first week kicked my butt and I was ready to quit by the end of day 1. Honestly, sticking it out for the rest of the week was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. The rest of this "diet" (I type quotes because it doesn't even seem like a diet now) was a breeze. There were a few times (ahem mybirthday ahem) that I messed up, but I feel like the most important part of this whole process was that I never gave up on it. September was a learning month for me and Carblovers. I learned new recipes, new ways to handle my stress (goodbye buttercrunch milkshakes), that I need to find healthier ways to celebrate, etc etc.


I have a feeling October will have just as many lessons for me to learn as well, and I can't wait.



So, to end this post I have before and after pictures for month one. As much as I love reading about people's weight loss through their blogs pictures just drive the point home.





This was taken on our beach trip with Josh's family the week before we started Carblovers. August 25, 2010, maybe?


And this is me today (10/01/10). I made a point to wear the same shirt to be as consistent as possible. While I'm in a much more flattering position, I can see some difference in the two pictures. It's pretty exciting to see some results!



I have a long way to go to get to 165 (what? I didn't mention this new goal weight? I'll have to save it for another day), but I also feel like I've come pretty far too.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are looking good and you have become my motivator. I am going to pick up the book sometime in the next two weeks. I have got to lose Shiana's baby weight.

    ReplyDelete