Friday, September 3, 2010

ch ch changes

Lots of changes going on lately.

1. Went to the beach. Didn't come back a lobster. Big change for me.
2. School has resumed. My senior year. I'm not as sentimental as I was during the first week of senior year in high school... The first week is over, and the jury is still out. I can't tell how this semester will be. I am going back and forth between excitement and dread. Some of my classes will be amazing (ahemChickamaugaStaffRide) but others, I think, are going to be boring and possibly even difficult (not a very good combination). I guess I need more time to feel out this semester.
3.My 101 List: I've done a few more kind of important things, like:
4. PAID OFF OUR GM CARD!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty excited. Clearly.

and... the big news is:
Josh and I started the Carb Lovers Diet. My cousin Jennifer (of thejenwestquest) has been blogging about her weight loss experience and I found out about Carb Lovers through her. So, after our beach trip I bought the book. We started on Monday morning, and I was ready to give up by 8:00 that night. (That night I dreamt about eating delicious junk food!) Tuesday I had a setback. But, after internalizing the cookie dough disaster, I decided to stick with it. (Side note: I find the first week especially challenging because, as a "kickstart week" the diet cuts calorie intake to 1200/day... which, I feel, is fine for weight loss in people who were already healthy or at least kind of paying attention to what they ate... but I went from eating a ridiculous amount of unhealthy calories each day (like maybe 3000?) to 1200. It was painful the first few days. Now, it's getting easier. I still know that I'm eating very little, but I also know that the week is almost over!!!) So, now that the tangent is over, I decided to stick with the "kick off week" (instead of skipping straight to the "immersion" plan which allows 1600 calories/day) but I decided not to be as strict on myself. I have spent the last few days aiming/hoping to keep my calorie intake down around 1200, but if I end up eating 1400 I'm not going to berate myself. And you know what? It's working. Actually, now that I'm not stressing about following this first week of diet the-very-most-exact-way it says, I've been fine. I'm hovering right around 1200-1250 calories/day. And, I've been tracking my eating habits through myplate on livestrong.com. AND... I don't want to spoil any surprises, but I know this first week has been pretty successful on the scale front. I think I'll post my starting and new weight on Monday, since that will be the beginning of week 2 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment