Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weigh in (a few days late)

So I'm a few days late on this post. Things have been kind of hectic here. I'm working on papers and projects and thinking about my future (grad school or no grad school?) and really it's times like these that I just want to eat everything in sight! By restricting what/when/how I eat I am learning more and more what my relationship with food once was. I'm seeing how that relationship is changing and realizing how bad it was before.

I want to preface my report of Monday's weigh in with this:
It was the week of my birthday. I know that's not an excuse, I'm just giving a heads up that I didn't follow this diet the way I knew I should... but I also didn't let it bother me too much since it was, afterall, my birthday. (I also celebrated for 3 days...)
As I mentioned before, I was pretty stressed out (I think due to the combination of the birthday and my impending graduation) so I did have a lot of temptation to eat in a really really unhealthy manner. And I did give in to it... But only in moderation. Once upon a time I would have "stress-eaten" three times as much as I did. So, I know I messed up a few times last week, but I feel that the most important part of this rambling is to say that I'm not giving up. I'm back in the saddle (is that the right metaphor?)...
So, my weight on Monday 9/20: 259 lbs.
I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either... And honestly, I'm already down 11 lbs, so I'm happy with that (for now).

(p.s. While I can't really see any major differences in my body, a few coworkers have said I look like I'm losing weight. Yay!)

1 comment:

  1. 11 POUNDS!!!!! WOW!!!! It is dropping so fast already. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete