Thursday, December 2, 2010

Surprises (or Day 22)

Tuesday was History Day at my college.




And it was pretty much awesome.



The students in my Senior Seminar in History Class got an opportunity to diplay posters in the library regarding the topic of their Senior Seminar Paper (wow... that seems like a really long awkward sentence). During the History Day event, the library's lobby was full of professors and students walking from display to display talking to (or grilling) each of us about our research topic...

My 22nd (!!!) outfit and my display on Nazi Propaganda Films.

I never thought I'd make it this far in the 30 for 30 challenge. Ususally when something gets difficult or boring I give up on it and move on to the next interesting thing...

I also never thought I'd see the day when I presented my paper... and I'm certainly surprised that the paper is on WWII. I always thought it would be on something regarding Civil Rights or Vietnam or LBJ.

But I have surprised myself. And the best part of the whole thing is my grade - A!

(p.s. my boobs look huge in this sweater. I'm gonna wear it more often.)

3 comments:

  1. I love you (and your poster and your outfit) so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it further than you thought! And congrats on your paper.
    I love that belt you are using. Is it a belt? Or a cleverly belted scarf?

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys. Promise I haven't been ignoring you. Thanks for commenting!

    Linda, this is actually a belt. I've had it for a few years and never really wore it before this challenge.
    Carl, thank you so much! There are certainly a lot of people participating in the challenge. I am slowly working my way through them as well.

    ReplyDelete