Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up and Weekly Goals


Weekend Wrap Up:
I did almost nothing all weekend. And it was great! Saturday I was supposed to meet an old friend, but it didn't work out. I cleaned the bathroom instead (it is on my 101 list) and spent the evening doing a scene from the show I'm in at South City Theatre's second annual fundraiser. Sunday was laundry and catch up on tv day. Also it was wonderful.

Weekly Goals:
I haven't done so great on portion control, but I'm still going strong on my water goals and doing pretty well with not eating past 8... So, I think I'll try a different tactic. My sister-in-law Jenise (franjenise.blogspot.com)told me about myplate on livestrong.com. My cousin Jennifer, of thejenwestquest (that's right, I'm name dropping), also uses it and has gone through a pretty amazing transformation. I'm thinking that maybe myplate will be useful for me. It may hold me accountable (especially if I find a way to post or link it to my blog, since I don't think you want to read about how much I ate of what... but you know, I'm a little vain so I'll post/link it anyway... later).

picture from chellbelz.com



But...on the good news front: I lost 5 lbs!!! I went to the doctor today and I weighed in at 260. The nurse was kinda mean about how much I weigh. I really wanted to shout, "Do you think I want to weigh this much?! Do you think I did this on purpose?!" Except for the nurse, I was happy with the number. I can't wait to see it get smaller. (p.s. losing 5lbs was a task on my 101 list, so I get to mark another one off!)

3 comments:

  1. yay! 5 pounds is awesome! It's enough to keep you motivated. I'm proud of ya! We missed you sunday!
    oh, and are yall free either august 7 or 8 for shay's bday? we're trying to figure out which day works best for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 POUNDS!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

    Sorry I haven't checked in lately, finally got around to making my blog rounds. :)

    Livestrong.com is nothing short of life-changing. If you stick with it, you WILL lose the weight. 'Nough said!!

    ReplyDelete